Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated individual to assist with organizing the party’s 47th Annual Provincial Convention June 10 – 12 in Calgary, Alberta.
Under the supervision and direction of the Provincial Secretary and/or his/her designate, the successful applicant will be responsible for successful coordinating the overall implementation of the Convention as per the direction of the Convention Planning Committee and the Provincial Secretary, including:
- Coordinate event logistics
- Liaise and coordinate with Hotel staff, caterers, and support staff
- Develop event programs in consultation with the Provincial Secretary and the Convention Planning Committee
- Identify, contact and liaise with speakers and special guests
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to assist with the convention and preparations
- Develop and/or facilitate the design and production of communications materials for the events, including the Convention Program
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the history and structure of the Alberta New Democrats
- Proven experience event organizing and fundraising
- Proven ability to coordinate and motivate volunteers
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively under deadlines
- Willingness to work altered and irregular hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Proficiency in the Adobe design suite is an asset
This position reports to the Provincial Secretary and/or his/her designate, is a temporary, full-time position starting upon hiring and concluding June 24, 2016. The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE 458 and is classified as S2A.
To apply email resume and cover letter outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com by 5:00 PM Friday, February 5th, 2016.