Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a Digital Director to lead the strategic development of web, mobile, social, and emerging digital media platforms in all digital operations.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds strong values. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff are professional, dedicated individuals focused on growing and strengthening the party.
General Description and Duties
Under the overall supervision and direction of the Provincial Secretary, the Digital Director is responsible for the party’s web site, user experience, social, email, video and other digital media. This position evaluates new ideas, establishes governance processes, standards, and metrics for digital communications and ensures cohesiveness and consistency in process and strategy.
This role requires the Director to utilize member/donor feedback, digital trends, and well-vetted research to design and implement solutions that meet strategic goals and donor/member needs, while meeting internal workflow capabilities and ensuring alignment in the outcome. This position also provides advice and training to others on how digital assets, trends, and opportunities can be used to enhance membership and fundraising opportunities.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Excellent web/digital media project management
- Excellent management and leadership for digital staff
- Ability to work collaboratively with other department/staff
- Ability to market and present web/digital strategies to diverse audiences, manage multiple projects and maintain schedules and budgets
- Fluency in the development and execution of optimization techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in training and motivating volunteers and staff
- Ability to work well in both leadership and team environments
- Proficiency keeping accurate and detailed records
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, results oriented organization
- Flexibility in work priorities and self-motivation
- Knowledge of the structure and history of the Alberta New Democrats and the Alberta political environment
- Shared values of the organization and willingness to work in a unionized workplace
Terms and Conditions
This is a permanent, full-time position.
The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE458 and is classified as D1A Director. Probationary salary for this position is $60,443.28. Alberta’s New Democrats are also happy to offer a car allowance and an excellent benefits package.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to: Brian Stokes, Provincial Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is July 31, 2015. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
All applicants are thanked for their submission; however, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted in follow-up.