Fundraiser - deadline extended
Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual for the position of Fundraiser.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds strong values. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party.
General Description and Duties
The Fundraiser will work as a key team member to plan, coordinate, and administer one or more specific areas of ongoing or special project funding programs, such as individual gifts, direct mail campaigns and events.
The Fundraiser will implement various fundraising efforts and special events throughout the year, develop and monitor critical path for fundraising efforts/events, and provide budget, recommendations and action registries. Develop and nurture community partners for the purpose of fundraising and promotions. The ideal candidate will have outstanding marketing, public engagement and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in direct ask fundraising and public outreach
- Experience in event planning
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple events and projects
- Proficiency keeping accurate and detailed records
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, results oriented organization
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clearly.
- Experience in training and motivating volunteers and staff.
- Ability to work well in both leadership and team environments.
- Flexibility in work priorities and self-motivation.
- Background in political organizing and/or event production is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the structure and history of the Alberta New Democrats and the Alberta political environment.
- Shared values of the organization and willingness to work in a unionized workplace.
Terms and Conditions
This is a permanent, full-time position.
The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE458 and is classified as S1A Organizational Staff. Probationary salary for this position is $52,359.32. Alberta’s New Democrats are also happy to offer an excellent benefits package.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to: Judith Paquin, Director of Development at: email@example.com. Deadline for applications is July 31, 2015.
All applicants are thanked for their submission; however, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted for follow-up.