Alberta’s New Democrats are accepting applications for the position of Membership Drive Coordinator.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds specific values of social justice, the rights of working people, environmental stewardship and fairness. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff compliment are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party with the goal of forming government in Alberta.
Under the overall supervision and direction of the Provincial Secretary, the Membership Drive Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the membership drive and fundraising call. Duties include overall coordination of Membership volunteers, ensuring the phone bank operates efficiently as well as assisting in phoning as required and time permits
- Demonstrated experience with direct ask fundraising
- Excellent telephone manner and organizational skills
- Experience or training in call center or phone bank coordinating or supervision in a professional or volunteer capacity
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and in a leadership role
- Experience keeping accurate and detailed records
Terms and Conditions
This is a temporary, part-time position from February 8th to February 26th with the possibility of extension for additional weeks. The position offers 20 hours per week from 5pm to 9pm Sundays through Thursdays. The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE 458 and is classified as Membership Drive Coordinator (S2A). The position is based in Edmonton.
Supply resume and cover letter outlining your skills and experience to: Chris O’Halloran, Provincial Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm, Thursday, February 4th, 2016.
All applicants are thanked for their submission, however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted in follow-up.