Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual for the position of Provincial Secretary (application deadline extended).
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing and vibrant political party. The Organization’s executive and staff are professional, dedicated individuals focused on growing the Party.
General Description and Duties
The Provincial Secretary is the Executive Director of the Party. The role acts as the chief administrative, financial and operational officer of the Party, responsible for overseeing all Party staff and operations. Working as a member of the Organization’s Board of Directors (Table Officers), the Provincial Secretary plays a leadership role in developing and implementing the Party’s strategic goals.
In addition to overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Party, the Provincial Secretary ensures that the Organization is continually developing and reaching objectives and goals which grow capacity, contribute to the principles and policies of the Party, and ensure election readiness.
The successful applicant should have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a senior management or Executive Director role;
- Demonstrated political campaigning experience in a senior strategic position;
- Proven ability to manage a dynamic team of staff and volunteers;
- Experience working with members of a Board of Directors;
- A strong understanding of modern fund development strategies;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience in successful grassroots organizing;
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and ability to travel within and outside of the province;
- Ability to work well in both leadership and team environments;
- Proficiency keeping accurate and detailed records;
- Flexibility in work priorities and strong self-motivation;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Knowledge of the structure and history of Alberta’s New Democrats and the Alberta political environment;
- Shared values in common with the Organization.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time position with a 4-year contract that begins upon hiring. Salary will be negotiated based on the successful applicant’s experience. Compensation also includes a car allowance and a generous benefits package.
Please supply a resume, cover letter and references via email to: email@example.com by 4:30pm January 22, 2016. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
Alberta’s New Democrats are committed to considering applicants who identify as part of an equity group including workers of colour, aboriginal workers, LGBT workers, woman workers, young workers and workers with disabilities. We urge members within an equity group, experienced activists, political organizers and labour representatives of all backgrounds, to apply.
All applicants are thanked for their submission; however, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.