Provincial Secretary (Executive Director) Ontario NDP
This is the senior administrative position in the Ontario NDP. Reporting to the Party’s Provincial Executive, the incumbent is responsible for the operation and ongoing development of the Ontario NDP.
The Provincial Secretary is responsible for:
• Planning, organizing and directing all activities related to the operation and financial management of the Ontario NDP in keeping with the Party’s aims, objectives and principles
• Recommending and interpreting the application of policies established by the Provincial Executive, Council, and Convention
• Providing leadership and guidance in all aspects if the Party’s undertakings and operations
• Oversight and active participation in the development of fundraising activities
• Providing liaison between the different levels of the Party and with elected members of the NDP Caucus
The successful applicant must possess the ability to communicate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills. This highly organized individual will possess extensive political, public relations, and media experience. She/he must be committed to the policies and goals of the NDP and capable of playing a leadership role in a dynamic organization. Proven administrative, financial, fundraising and IT management experience is required. The successful applicant must be able to work effectively as a member of the staff team in the planning and allocation of resources.
The Ontario NDP is committed to equity in all aspects of its operation and equity seeking applicants will be given appropriate consideration.
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
For a full statement of qualifications please contact Mary Rita Holland. (email@example.com)
Applications accepted until Wednesday June 26th. Start date to be negotiated.
Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.