The PC campaign held an event at the Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre today, highlighting the PC government's failure to protect vulnerable kids while downloading costs onto organizations like the Sheldon Kennedy Centre.
Here are the facts:
- The Prentice Plan calls for $60 million dollars in cuts to child intervention and similar programs compared to Budget 2014:
- $37 million cut from Child Intervention
- $17 million cut from the Family and Community Safety Program
- $4.8 million cut from Early Intervention Services
- $2 million cut from Outreach Support Services
- This year, child welfare deaths are at a record high: 33 deaths as of March 30th, up from 24 last year ("Alberta child welfare budget cuts come as four more children die: Notey," March 30, 2015.)
The Prentice Plan will mean less support for vulnerable kids.
Today, Prentice stood in front of a Centre dedicated to helping kids who can no longer count on adequate support from public services.
The bottom line is this: Prentice is demanding vulnerable kids pay the price for the PCs' mistakes.
Only Rachel Notley's NDP will make sure Alberta's most vulnerable get the services they need.