- Dedicated to protecting and improving health care, seniors' care, K-12 and post-secondary education
- Committed to reversing tax breaks for large corporations, getting full value for our resources
- Will reverse the PCs’ health levy and ensure tax fairness for families
Sarah Hoffman has a proven track record delivering progressive change to Edmonton.
In 2010, Sarah ran for school board fighting the never ending closure of schools. She defeated the incumbent Trustee with 70% of the vote.
After her election, Sarah became Vice Chair of Edmonton Public Schools, and was instrumental in bringing a moratorium on school closures. Along with a team of progressive school trustees, she helped develop an inclusion policy to make LGBT students welcome in all schools — a first on the prairies.
In 2012, Sarah Hoffman was elected Chair of Edmonton Public Schools at the age of 32.
Sarah Hoffman has the profile, experience, and ability to win Edmonton Glenora for the NDP. We need to elect her as our MLA.
- Chair, Edmonton Public School Board (2012-2014)
- Vice Chair, Edmonton Public School Board (2010-2012)
- Masters Degree in Educational Policy Studies: University of Alberta (2008)
- Research Director: Alberta’s NDP Caucus (2007-2011)
- Research Assistant: University of Alberta (2005-2007)
- Board Member: Alberta Association for Multicultural Education (2005-2008)
- Volunteer: Northern Alberta Alliance on Race Relations (2004-2007)
- Researcher – Alberta Community Crime Prevention Association (2002-2004)
- President – Concordia University College of Alberta Students’ Association (2001-2002)