Data Entry Clerk
Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual to assist with updating and maintaining information in our party databases and computer systems.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds specific values of social justice, the rights of working people, environmental stewardship and fairness. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff complement are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party and re-elect a government in Alberta.
General Description and Duties
Under the overall supervision and direction of the Director of Operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for collecting and entering data in databases and maintaining accurate, up-to-date and useable information in our systems.
• Compile, verify accuracy, and sort information according to priorities to prepare
source data for computer entry
• Timely data entry of Member and Donation Data
• Input text based and numerical information from source documents
• Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities, and check
• Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
• Generate reports and store completed work in designated locations
• Apply data program techniques and procedures
• Comply with data integrity and security policies
• Other duties as assigned
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
• Knowledge of the history and structure of the Alberta New Democrats
• Proven experience with data entry
• Proven data entry accuracy and speed
• Experience with MS Office and data programs
• Familiarity with administrative duties
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines and be self-motivated
• Willingness to work altered and irregular hours
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Knowledge of non-profit fundraising is an asset
• Proficiency in Razor’s Edge Databases or similar database system is an asset
Terms and Conditions
This position is a permanent, part-time position starting upon hiring. The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE 458 and is classified as S3.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to:
Roari Richardson, Provincial Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM, Friday November 30, 2018. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
All applicants are thanked for their submission, however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted for follow-up.