Director of Development
Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual for the position of Director of Development.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds specific values of social justice, the rights of working people, environmental stewardship and fairness. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff complement are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party and re-elect a government in Alberta.
General Description and Duties
Reporting to the Provincial Secretary, the Director of Development will be the primary staff person responsible for implementing the party’s Fund Development Plan. Working with the Provincial Secretary and the Provincial Executive, the Director of Development will develop and implement specific and achievable goals with timelines and work plans to accomplish those goals. This position will be responsible for organizing and coordinating central fundraising and donor acquisition; and for training, monitoring, motivating and providing support to both volunteer and paid staff working around Alberta on fund development campaigns.
The successful applicant will use their knowledge of professional fund development and fundraising skills and techniques to create campaigns which are successful at diversifying the party’s fundraising sources, increasing annual revenues, training volunteers and fostering a culture of fundraising within the organization.
This position will be responsible for the maintenance and growth of the party’s donor and membership base and those records. The position will also be responsible for supervising the development and production of communications materials in support of fundraising, outreach and organizing work being carried out by the party, including print materials, advertising, and online media.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Fund Development in a non-profit or political organization
- Experience designing and implementing successful fundraising campaigns for non-profit and/or political organizations
- Demonstrated experience with direct mail, event, digital and telephone fundraising
- Record of implementing successful donor prospecting and donor relations campaigns
- Proficiency in the use of modern donor management software
- Demonstrated experience with donor analytics
- Demonstrated experience with vendor management
- Knowledge of modern fundraising tools and techniques
- Experience keeping accurate and detailed records
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge of online media as a communications and outreach tool (Expression Engine or other CMS, Facebook, other social media tools, etc.)
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and ability to travel within and occasionally outside the province
- Demonstrated experience in training and motivating both volunteers and staff
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results oriented organization
- Self-motivated and flexible in work priorities
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time position. The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE458 and is classified as D1D Director of Development. Probationary salary for this position is $71,000. Alberta’s New Democrats are also happy to offer a car allowance and an excellent benefits package.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to: Roari Richardson, Provincial Secretary at email@example.com by 5:00 PM, Friday April 14, 2017. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
All applicants are thanked for their submission, however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted in follow-up.