Organizer - Calgary
Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual for the position of Organizer.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds specific values of social justice, the rights of working people, environmental stewardship and fairness. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff complement are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party and re-elect a government in Alberta.
General Description and Duties
Under the overall supervision and direction of the Provincial Secretary, the Calgary Organizer’s primary responsibilities will be to conduct active outreach and Constituency Association and member support across the province with an emphasis on election readiness.
This position will be responsible for assisting with candidate search and recruitment, working to ensure that local Constituency Associations are prepared for an election, training of activists, conducting and coordinating membership recruitment, fundraising, event planning and coordination and working with volunteers to accomplish specific tasks under tight deadlines. Other duties may be assigned as required.
This position will also be responsible for coordinating with the Legislative Caucus and MLAs on outreach and other activity.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Experience in successful grassroots organizing
- Experience in political campaigning
- Good communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience working with and coordinating volunteers
- Working knowledge of online media
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and ability to travel within the province
- Proven ability to coordinate and conduct successful outreach campaigns
- Experience in training and motivating volunteers and staff
- Ability to work well in both leadership and team environments
- Proficiency keeping accurate and detailed records
- Openness to learn and adapt
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, results oriented organization
- Flexibility in work priorities and self-motivation
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of the structure and history of the Alberta New Democrats and the Alberta political environment
- Shared values of the organization and willingness to work in a unionized workplace
- Experience working within Constituency Associations is considered an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Calgary and area political landscape
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time position. The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE458 and is classified as S1A Organizer. Probationary salary for this position is $55,413.77. Alberta’s New Democrats are also happy to offer a car allowance and an excellent benefits package.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to:
Roari Richardson, Provincial Secretary at email@example.com by 5:00 PM, Friday April 14, 2017. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
All applicants are thanked for their submission, however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted in follow-up.