Alberta’s New Democrats are seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual to assist with organizing the party’s 48th Provincial Convention taking place from September 28 - 30 in Red Deer, Alberta.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds specific values of social justice, the rights of working people, environmental stewardship and fairness. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff complement are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party and re-electing an NDP government in Alberta.
General Description and Duties
Reporting to the Provincial Secretary and/or their designate, the successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating the overall implementation of the Convention as per the direction of the Convention Planning Committee and the Provincial Secretary, including:
- Managing and encouraging Delegate registration
- Coordinating event logistics
- Liaising and coordinating with Hotel staff, caterers, and support staff
- Developing event programs in consultation with the Provincial Secretary and the Convention Planning Committee
- Identifying, contacting and liaising with speakers and special guests
- Identifying, recruiting and training volunteers to assist with the convention and preparations
- Developing and/or facilitating the design and production of communications materials for the events, including the Convention Program
- Other duties as assigned
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the history and structure of the Alberta New Democrats
- Proven experience with event organizing and fundraising
- Proven experience with effective ticket sales
- Proven ability to coordinate and motivate volunteers
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and be self-motivated
- Willingness to work altered and irregular hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Proficiency in the Adobe design suite is an asset
Terms and Conditions
This position reports to the Provincial Secretary and/or their designate, is a temporary, full-time position starting upon hiring and concluding October 5, 2018. The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE 458 and is classified as S2A.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to:
Roari Richardson, Provincial Secretary at email@example.com by 5:00 PM, Friday July 27, 2018. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
All applicants are thanked for their submission, however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted for follow-up.