Alberta’s New Democrats is seeking a motivated, creative and energetic individual for the position of Digital Officer.
Alberta’s New Democrats are a growing, vibrant political party with a membership that holds strong values. The organization’s Board of Directors and staff are professional, dedicated individuals focused on continuing to grow the party.
General Description and Duties
Under the overall supervision and direction of the Provincial Secretary, the Digital Officer supports online activity, website maintenance and development, and data. This position maintains the party’s digital resources and continually develops creative and innovative strategies to increase digital resources, data collection and engagement with the public and membership and strengthen the capacity for candidates and activists to use digital tools effectively.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Experience of developing content for internet and intranet sites
- Writing/editing content for websites and social media channels
- Skills in web development using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge with databases specifically SQL or excel (and merging files)
- Familiar with NationBuilder, Raiser’s Edge and Blue State Digital
- Knowledge of general networking and network administration
- Experience of photo manipulation and basic graphics creation using Photoshop (or similar package)
- Good knowledge of design and familiar with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat Professional, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Understanding of the industry principles for on-screen content
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clearly
- Experience in training and motivating volunteers and staff
- Ability to work well in both leadership and team environments
- Proficiency keeping accurate and detailed records
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, results oriented organization
- Flexibility in work priorities and self-motivation
- Knowledge of the structure and history of the Alberta New Democrats and the Alberta political environment
- Shared values of the organization and willingness to work in a unionized workplace
Terms and Conditions
This is a permanent, full-time position.
The position is governed by a Collective Agreement between Alberta’s New Democrats and COPE458 and is classified as S1A Organizational Staff. Probationary salary for this position is $52,359.32. Alberta’s New Democrats are also happy to offer an excellent benefits package.
Supply resume, cover letter and references by email to: Christopher O’Halloran, Acting Provincial Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Wednesday, April 13, 2016. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered.
All applicants are thanked for their submission; however, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted in follow-up.